Business Analyst (M&A)
Business Analyst (M&A)
By 2050, YANMAR is committed to a monumental shift, envisioning itself as an environmentally friendly, greenhouse gas-free company. This vision encompasses every facet, from our day-to-day business activities to our suppliers’ manufacturing processes and even the products we create.
Integral to this transformation are strategic mergers and acquisitions. For example, in 2022 we acquired majority ownership in battery technology company ELEO, underlining our proactive approach to harnessing innovative technologies. Such alliances pave the way to a greener future.
Recognizing the crucial role of these strategies, we are actively seeking a ‘Business Analyst’ to strengthen our M&A team for Yanmar’s global headquarters and further our mission.
What are you going to do?
As a Business Analyst for Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), you’ll work in a small, highly professional team consisting of the Senior Manager M&A and a Manager M&A to strategically evaluate potential business ventures and guide the transaction process.
Together, you will delve deep into market trends, nurture potential acquisitions, and identify pivotal strategic opportunities. Your combined expertise will ensure rigorous target analyses — spanning financial to operational facets — and your adept collaboration with top management, financial and legal teams, and potential acquisition targets will align every transaction seamlessly with the company’s overarching strategy.
Your insights, combined with the strategic direction of the Senior Manager M&A, will be essential in framing investment or M&A proposals that resonate with the company’s strategic objectives and long-term vision.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Research & Analysis: Conduct thorough industry research to identify market trends, competitive dynamics and strategic opportunities;
- Strategic Evaluation: Systematically evaluate potential acquisition candidates based on strategic alignment and financial robustness;
- Valuation & Financial Modeling: Perform valuations, underpinning decisions with intricate financial models;
- Due Diligence: Offer support in comprehensive due diligence investigations, ensuring thoroughness across domains;
- Proposal Drafting: Formulate and advocate M&A proposals to the organization’s key decision-making entities;
- Transaction Process Management: Support and assist in all phases of the transaction, ensuring consistency, efficiency, and alignment with strategic imperatives.
ALMERE (THE NETHERLANDS)
Who are we looking for?
The Business Analyst for M&A partners seamlessly with the other members of the M&A team and reports to the Senior Manager M&A. Passionate about M&A, you adeptly identify challenges and opportunities. Your data-driven analyses and conclusions and strong relational skills stand out. You’re prepared for international settings and travel with effective communication and an entrepreneurial drive.
The ideal candidate:
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field; or equivalent knowledge and analytical capabilities gained through experience;
- Minimum of 2 years – in investment banking, PE, VC, corporate finance, M&A/ transaction advisory roles, strategy consulting at a top-tier firm, M&A or strategy at a corporate multinational company (experience with Japanese multinational corporate companies is a plus);
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with think-cell and PowerBI, is a plus;
- The following (mindset) qualities apply to you: embody a proactive, confident, approachable, and flexible attitude. Your outstanding work ethic and being a team player and self-starter set you apart. An entrepreneurial spirit drives you always to seek innovative solutions;
- Excellent command of English (full professional proficiency) and proficiency in a second language.
Your primary office location is in the Netherlands, first in Almere and a possible future transition to Amsterdam. This role offers a hybrid working model, allowing for 60% remote work and 40% in-office presence. Additionally, you should anticipate international travel, which comprises 20%-30% of the position’s responsibilities.
What do we offer?
In this position as a Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to YANMAR’s mission to transform its business. We offer a position in a truly international organization, with respect for each individual’s culture and room for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment, where every day is different. Freedom to take initiatives and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues that will be pleased to welcome you. YANMAR is a stable and solid employer.
- A competitive salary matching your knowledge and experience;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours, with flexible working hours;
- The possibility to follow training and education;
- Commuting allowance;
- 27 vacation days (+the ability to build up time for time);
- 8% holiday allowance, year-end bonus bases on company results;
- Good pension scheme and collective health insurance.
MEET ONE OF YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES:
Daniel Venema – Senior Manager Mergers & Acquisitions
I genuinely feel that this is an opportunity like no other for professionals experienced in positions like investment banking, PE, VC, corporate finance, or strategy consulting. Whereas many positions in firms might keep you anchored to your desk, with us, the world becomes your workplace. International travel isn’t a perk—it’s part of the job. Beyond the prestige and reliability associated with our name, our small, close-knit team ensures you won’t be lost in the crowd. Here, you have the freedom to innovate, significant influence over projects, and exposure to diverse international business practices. Furthermore, YANMAR is a family-owned company. We think in generations, long term. Business continuity is key. Our company culture emphasizes job satisfaction, continuous learning, growth, and the exchange of ideas. This isn’t merely another job—it’s a transformative experience, both professionally and personally, in the dynamic world of M&A at a very nice multinational company.
The application process is clear and fast:
1. Short telephone acquaintance
2. First interview on location at Yanmar
3. Second interview on location at Yanmar
4. Assessment and/or Case Assignment
5. Job offer
6. Let’s get started!
We would like to get in touch!
More info? Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for the job
"*" indicates required fields