Distributor & Dealer Development Specialist (EMEA)
DISTRIBUTOR & DEALER DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (EMEA)
YANMAR has been supplying a huge range of industrial engines for a broad variety of mobile and stationary applications for many years. As pioneers in the field of industrial engines, we provide efficient, high-quality, and clean engines. Optimal customer support is a crucial aspect of our business, as it directly affects the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers. Providing excellent technical customer support can help our partners stand out, foster positive relationships and drive business growth. Do you like diversity, and do you enjoy helping others? Then you might be our new ‘Distributor & Dealer Development’.
What are you going to do?
As the Distributor & Dealer Development Specialist (EMEA) at YANMAR, you’ll join a team of four. Your primary role will be to strengthen our distributor & Dealer network across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). You’ll ensure consistent service delivery and enhance product understanding. Your onboarding will include detailed product training sessions, setting you up for the role. You should expect to travel for about 60% of your time to meet and work with our distributors and dealers in the EMEA region. The team comprises two service engineers who assist with technical issues and warranty concerns, and a manager who, while handling similar duties, mainly focuses on our OEM customers.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Evaluate and Develop the Network: Travel to meet distributors across Europe, Middle East & Africa, assess their performance, discuss their needs, and make recommendations for improvements;
- Upgrade Knowledge: Introduce new product-related service tools and methods to ensure that distributors and dealers are always up-to-date with the latest YANMAR products and services;
- Business Growth: Collaborate with distributors to strategize on enhancing business growth and the quality of the service network. Develop action plans and ensure execution;
- Training and Coaching: Provide necessary training to distributors and their dealer network to ensure optimal performance;
ALMERE (THE NETHERLANDS)
Who are we looking for?
We seek a proactive team member with technical and a bit of commercial insight, preferably with experience in building service networks and a history in B2B environments. A basic understanding of engines or power products is desirable. Key attributes include clear communication skills, the ability to explain technical concepts, and a dedication to exceptional customer service. Nurturing positive client relationships is fundamental for this role.
The ideal candidate:
- BSc-level of technical education;
- 5+ years’ related working experience (in a B2B environment);
- Has the ability to work with a wide range of products, and to quickly adapt to new technologies, excellent problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities, likes to work in an international environment and the willingness to quickly obtain specific business knowledge such as IT Tools;
- The following mindset qualities apply to you: Committed, hands-on approach, enthusiasm, proactive and strong focus on relationship management;
- Strong language skills, fluent in both spoken and written English, preferably as a second language German, French or Dutch.
Your regular workplace is Almere, but hybrid working is part of this position. You are visiting customers in the EMEA region approximately 60% of the time.
What do we offer?
In this position as a distributor & Dealer Development Specialist, you are of absolute value in customer satisfaction. We offer a position in a truly international organization, with respect for each individual’sculture and room for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment, where every day is different. Freedom to take initiative and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues that will be pleased to welcome you. YANMAR is a stable and solid employer.
- A competitive salary matching your knowledge and experience;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours, with flexible working hours;
- The possibility to follow training and education;
- Commuting allowance;
- 27 vacation days (+the ability to build up time for time);
- 8% holiday allowance, year-end bonus based on company results;
- Good pension scheme and collective health insurance.
MEET ONE OF YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES:
René Diepgrond – Manager After Sales Service
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a skilled individual looking to showcase and experience diverse international experiences across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. YANMAR has built a strong distributor network in this region spanning more than 50 years, fostering robust business partnerships with a wide distributor network. The position requires strong technical and problem-solving abilities, coaching skills as well as effective communication and a deep understanding of various business cultures. What’s particularly appealing about this role is the mix of office and fieldwork. With flexible working hours, it allows for a healthy balance between work and personal life. The job entails a lot of variety and involves continuous product development, ensuring an ongoing challenge. YANMAR, a reputable engine manufacturer, maintains high-quality standards and enjoys an outstanding global reputation for its industrial manufacturing legacy of over 112 years. It’s an employer to take pride in!
The application process is clear and fast:
1. Fill in the form below to reply to this job
2. First interview on location at Yanmar
3. Second interview on location at Yanmar
4. Job offer
5. Let’s get started!
We would like to get in touch!
More info? Send me an email: email@example.com
Apply for the job
"*" indicates required fields