Step into a key role at YANMAR Europe and join our mission to create A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE. As Legal Counsel, you will be essential in shaping our growing presence in the EMEA region. You’ll help us navigate the expanding legal landscapes as we aim for sustainable growth. Based in Almere, you’ll offer crucial legal guidance that supports our dynamic expansion and ensures we operate responsibly. Your work will directly contribute to our journey towards sustainability, making a lasting impact on our company and communities. Join us to be part of a team that values your expertise and vision for a better tomorrow.
What are you going to do?
As Legal Counsel at YANMAR Europe, based in Almere, you report to the General Counsel and will be pivotal in expanding YANMAR’s legal and compliance function in the EMEA region. You’ll offer legal guidance and support to YANMAR Europe and its subsidiaries, ensuring compliance and furthering company strategy. By developing and implementing legal and compliance policies, you’ll navigate the organisation through the complexities of EU and national laws.
This unique position allows you to witness the impact of your work, directly contributing to strategic decisions that shape the company’s future. You’ll be more than just an advisor; you’ll be a cornerstone of our legal and compliance function, deeply involved in the day-to-day and broader business objectives
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Key contribution to the development and roll-out of legal and compliance policies, in close cooperation with YANMAR’s global legal function as well as business stakeholders at YANMAR Europe and its EMEA subsidiaries;
- Offer proactive legal advice and support to various departments and EMEA subsidiaries in commercial contracting and other relevant legal areas of expertise (e.g.corporate law, M&A, competition, ESG, IP);
- Coordinate with outside counsel where necessary, e.g.for litigation, complex projects or highly specialised topics;
- Contract lifecycle management from negotiations to renewal, acting as a business partner while safeguarding legal accuracy;
- Contribute to risk management and internal controls, e.g.by conducting internal audits;
- Help build the organization’s legal know-how, as well as organising and delivering targeted legal education to YANMAR staff.
ALMERE (THE NETHERLANDS)
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal Legal Counsel is a skilled communicator with excellent interpersonal abilities, a talent for consensus-building, and a professional approach. You are committed to high-quality work, eager to learn, and adept at juggling multiple tasks efficiently. With a positive and adaptable attitude, you handle sensitive information discreetly and thrive in a multicultural, international workplace.
The ideal candidate:
- Master of Laws;
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a reputable law firm or in-house in an international business environment.
- Strong grasp of national and international commercial contracting (e.g.distributor agreements) and corporate law. Experience with other legal areas (e.g.privacy law, M&A, competition law, trade compliance, or other);
- The following (mindset) qualities apply to you:persistent, assertive, analytical, and solution-oriented, with an ability to engage and persuade at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong language skills, fluent in both spoken and written English and Dutch.
Your regular workplace is Almere, but hybrid working (40% home/60% office) is possible in this position.
What do we offer?
In this position as Legal Counsel, you are of absolute value our company’s compliance, growth, and overall success. We offer a position in a truly international organization, with respect for each individual’sculture and room for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment, where every day is different. Freedom to take initiatives and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues that will be pleased to welcome you. YANMAR is a stable and solid employer.
- A competitive salary matching your knowledge and experience;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours, with flexible working hours;
- The possibility of following training and education;
- Commuting allowance;
- 27 vacation days (plus the ability to build up time for time);
- 8% holiday allowance, year-end bonus based on company results;
- Good pension scheme and collective health insurance.
MEET ONE OF YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES:
Simon Nienhuis – General Counsel
This position is a great fit for someone looking to deepen their legal expertise while contributing directly to an international business in all its facets. YANMAR is a family-owned company whose culture emphasises long-term goals and personal growth. Working in a small team will provide ample opportunity to exchange knowledge and close cooperation. At the same time, the job allows for a great deal of independence and offers a broad horizon, both geographically and in terms of responsibility.
The application process is clear and fast:
1. Short telephone acquaintance
2. First interview on location at Yanmar
3. Second interview on location at Yanmar
4. Assessment and/or Case Assignment
5. Job offer
6. Let’s get started!
We would like to get in touch!
More info? Send me an email: email@example.com
Apply for the job
"*" indicates required fields