Manufacturing Process Improvement Specialist
Manufacturing Process Improvement Specialist
At YANMAR, our Manufacturing Innovation Division ensures we consistently uphold our high standards of quality and efficiency. Using the YANMAR Production System and our Kaizen approach, we always aim to improve all our global factories.
Our Global Manufacturing Center (GMC) plays a vital role, especially in Europe, assisting our production locations with enhancements for better quality and efficiency. Beyond producing top-notch products, we’re
deeply committed to A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE.
We’re seeking a Manufacturing Process Improvement Specialist to develop this initiative further. Join us in shaping a future where excellence meets sustainability.
What are you going to do?
As a Manufacturing Process Improvement Specialist at YANMAR, you’re a key player in our new Global Manufacturing Center (GMC) at the EMEA headquarters in Almere. Within a dedicated team of three specialists, you and your colleagues bridge the gap between YANMAR’s proven Japanese manufacturing methods and our European production locations.
Your role is crucial in ensuring our European sites benefit from and elevate YANMAR’s esteemed manufacturing practices. Your journey will frequently take you to diverse European manufacturing locations, but Almere remains your core base. Together, you ensure excellence is maintained across all production sites.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate Effectively: Work closely with colleagues to assimilate and implement Japanese manufacturing techniques within European contexts;
- On-site Evaluations: Conduct regular visits to European manufacturing sites to assess, improve, and standardise production processes;
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to optimise manufacturing efficiency and quality across all locations;
- Knowledge Sharing: Facilitate workshops and training sessions to disseminate best practices and ensure consistent implementation across teams;
- Feedback Loop: Establish a robust feedback mechanism between European production locations and the Almere based GMC, ensuring continuous learning and refinement of processes.
ALMERE (THE NETHERLANDS)
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate excels in communication, seamlessly connecting with multiple stakeholders and production sites. You have a clear way of explaining complex information, making sure everyone understands and is on the same page. With a
keen expertise in optimising manufacturing processes, you drive efficiency and consistency throughout production.
The ideal candidate:
- Technical bachelor’s degree, e.g., Manufacturing/Production Engineering;
- Minimum 5-7 years of recent and relevant work experience in manufacturing companies, preferably a Japanese manufacturing company.
- Preferably (Certified) Kaizen specialist and/or Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt;
- The following (mindset) qualities apply to you: Proactive approach, openness to diverse opinions and methods, solution-driven mentality, awareness of the environment and market dynamics and flexibility.
- Strong language skills, fluent in both spoken and written English. Also, speaking German or French is a plus.
Your primary work location is in Almere. Additionally, regular travel, mainly within Europe, is an integral part of this role, accounting for approximately 50% of your time.
What do we offer?
In this position as a Manufacturing Process Improvement Specialist, you will have the opportunity to contribute to YANMAR’s mission to transform its business significantly. We offer a position in a truly international organisation, with respect for each individual’s culture and room for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment where every day is different. Freedom to take initiative and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues that will be pleased to welcome you. YANMAR is a stable and solid employer.
- A competitive salary matching your knowledge and experience;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours, with flexible working hours;
- The possibility of following training and education;
- Commuting allowance;
- 27 vacation days (the ability to build up time for time);
- 8% holiday allowance, year
- End bonus based on company results;
- Good pension scheme and collective health insurance.
MEET ONE OF YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES:
Kota Hirobe – Manager Global Manufacturing Centre
From Global Manufacturing Centre, our primary goal is to support and strengthen the YANMAR group factories throughout Europe. By closely understanding the unique needs of each factory, we offer tailored advice and strategic guidance.
Whether it’s enhancing productivity or reshaping business structures, our expertise spans a wide range. Are you passionate about ‘KAIZEN’ (the philosophy of continuous improvement)? We’re eager to collaborate with like minded professionals on a global scale. Together, let’s be inspired by and celebrate the journey of KAIZEN.
The application process is clear and fast:
1. Short telephone acquaintance
2. First interview on location at Yanmar
3. Second interview on location at Yanmar
4. Assessment and/or Case Assignment
5. Job offer
6. Let’s get started!
We would like to get in touch!
More info? Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for the job
"*" indicates required fields