At our location in Almere, we have been growing for years when it comes to the production of various Yanmar products (engines and tractors).
Yanmar is known for its high-quality and sustainable products. An efficient and sustainable production process is therefore indispensable.
We continuously work on monitoring and optimizing our processes to serve our customers at their best. To achieve this, we have a team that focuses on production engineering to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of manufacturing operations.
Currently, we are looking to expand this department with a new colleague!
What are you going to do?
As a production engineer, you are at the forefront of innovation and responsible for industrializing best-practice production methods. Together with your colleagues, you will optimize the production processes of our manufacturing department in Almere. You will focus on process design and development of future products and also process optimization of existing assembly processes of current products.
To do so, you collaborate with Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering, and Quality Assurance to ensure smooth operations towards BU. It’s also necessary to develop good business contacts within the Yanmar group and coordinate with external technical service
Every year we produce more than 8500 Marine Engines and 350 tractors, and the Business Units demands are even increasing. In addition, electrical powertrains will be assembled in the near future. Challenging enough to keep you entertained for years to come.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and industrialize manufacturing and assembly processes for new or adapted products, overseeing progress and resolving issues to ensure successful implementation;
- Monitor and measure process output results, investigating process variation using improvement methods. Propose countermeasures for disturbances and suggest process improvements.
- Control expenses to ensure cost-effective manufacturing while producing high-quality products;
- Provide first-line support for manufacturing issues, coordinating activities with external parties.
- Identify training needs to ensure optimal efficiency and timely support for manufacturing processes;
- Advise and implement process improvements to meet customer needs.
- Assist in developing and testing new methods and techniques.
ALMERE (THE NETHERLANDS)
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal production engineer is pragmatic, creative and a team player. You have strong organizational skills and a strong awareness of safety and health. You are willing to keep learning and constantly improving yourself. You dare to raise issues where “we’ve been doing this for years” is not an argument, because “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.”
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s-level knowledge, from education or experience;
- Preferable 3 years’ experience (Ambitious graduates are also encouraged to apply);
- Good understanding of production planning and control, and the willingness to quickly obtain business-specific knowledge, understand the wider organization and its strategic objectives, understand environment and market, constantly looking outward, pragmatic;
- The following (mindset) qualities apply to you: Logical and critical thinking, detail-oriented with strong analytical and decision-making ability, strong in stakeholder management;
- Strong language skills, fluent in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
Your regular workplace is Almere.
What do we offer?
In this position as Production Engineer, you are of great value in the smooth running of the production process. We offer a position in a truly international organization, with respect for each individual’s culture and room for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment where every day is different. Freedom to take the initiative and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues that will be pleased to welcome you. Yanmar is a stable and solid employer.
- A competitive salary matching your knowledge and experience;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours, with flexible working hours;
- The possibility to follow training and education;
- Commuting allowance;
- 27 vacation days (+the ability to build up time for time);
- 8% holiday allowance, year-end bonus based on company results;
- Good pension scheme and collective health insurance.
MEET ONE OF YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES:
Danny Yirci – Manager Manufacturing
In order to support the Group Business Units with timely availability of Products, we set our standards at high level and with our stakeholders continuous improve upon on our joined processes. This requires a clear definition of our ideal situations and realize actionable items. Our department future aim is to extend upon this ideology and has an open mindset for new ideas and perspectives. Do you like to “get things done” and do you believe you have the skills and like the challenge, let’s get in contact with each other!“
The application process is clear and fast:
1. Fill in the form below to reply to this job
2. First interview on location at Yanmar
3. Second interview on location at Yanmar
4. Job offer
5. Let’s get started!
We would like to get in touch!
More info? Call or send me a WhatsApp on +31(0)6 27 16 7714 or send me an email: email@example.com
Apply for the job
"*" indicates required fields