Yanmar Launches the New ViO30/35-6 Series of True Zero Tail Swing Excavators
October 24, 2012
Yanmar Construction Equipment Co., Ltd.
Yanmar Construction Equipment Co., Ltd. is proud to present the latest line up of its popular ViO30/35 mini excavators, realizing significant increases in fuel efficiency and usability.
Positioned in Japan's high-volume 3 to 3.5 ton class true zero tail swing excavator market, the series combines high levels of operator comfort with ease of use, in harmony with the environment.
1. Product Features:
- The excavators feature a Yanmar electronically controlled direct fuel injection diesel engine. Energy conservation achieved through electronic engine control together with an efficient hydraulic system, realizes fuel savings on 20% on previous models, and up to 35% with use of ECO mode which controls engine speed to deliver even greater efficiency. All models come standard with auto-deceleration to lower engine speed when the operation lever is put into neutral.
- The excavators comply with the latest emissions and noise pollution regulations from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan.
- FOPS, TOPS and ROPS
Compliance with the TOPS*1 and "Headguard"*2 safety standards in the two-post canopy, and ROPS*3 and FOPS*4 safety standards in the four-post canopy and cabin models mean a safer workplace for operators.
- Comfort and ease of operation come to the fore in the series' "Universal Design". The step and floor mat are flat, without awkward depressions or protrusions, and the cabin features an automatic room light that activates when the door is opened. In addition, a large LED back-lit monitor displays useful information on the operation of the mini excavator.
- *1 TOPS: (tip-over protective structures) a structure designed to be attached to, or form part of, a machine for the purpose of reducing the possibility of an operator, when wearing a seatbelt, being injured should the machine tip over.
- *2 Headguard: The "headguard" safety standard of Japan's Industrial Safety and Health Act.
- *3 ROPS: (roll-over protective structures) a structure designed to be attached to, or form part of, mobile plant for the purpose of reducing the possibility of an operator, when also wearing a seatbelt, being injured should the plant roll over.
- *4 FOPS: (falling object protective structures) a structure designed to be attached to, or form part of, mobile plant for the purpose of reducing the possibility of an operator, seated beneath the structure in the driving position, being harmed should the FOPS receive a blow from a falling object.
2. Launch Date:
¥4,730,250 (recommended retail price for ViO30-6 standard model with canopy - including tax)
4. Target Annual Sales (Japan):
Note: Information contained in News Releases is used in press conferences and may differ from the most recently available information.
Public Relations Group,
General Affairs Dept., Yanmar Co., Ltd.