Myanmar National Team and Cerezo Osaka to Participate in Yanmar Cup
May 16, 2014
Yanmar Co., Ltd.
Celebrating the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Myanmar, The Nippon Foundation and Myanmar Football Federation will host the Yanmar Cup, a charity match between the Myanmar National Team and Cerezo Osaka at the Thuwunna Youth Training Center Stadium (Yangon, Myanmar) on 28 June, 2014.
This match has been arranged to strengthen cultural exchange through football, a mutually popular sport in both countries. Moreover, The Nippon Foundation also aims to use this event as an opportunity to provide support for children in Myanmar’s rural areas and regions with a high percentage of minorities and continue to cultivate cooperation between Japan and Myanmar.
Yanmar, a Partner Company of Cerezo Osaka, will be the Match Naming Sponsor of this charity match. Having established our own company football club back in 1957, Yanmar has since been an ardent supporter of one of the leading national teams and has fostered internationally-competitive players. Yanmar has also been actively promoting football in Asia as part of our CSR initiatives and hopes to contribute to the development of football and establish itself as a Premium Brand.
- Match Title: Yanmar Cup - Myanmar National Team vs Cerezo Osaka‐The Nippon Foundation Charity Football Match to Celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Myanmar and Japan
- Hosts: The Nippon Foundation, Myanmar Football Federation
- Supported by: Japan Professional Football League, Embassy of Japan in Myanmar
- Match Naming Sponsor: Yanmar Co., Ltd.
- Competing Teams: Myanmar National Team (Myanmar) vs Cerezo Osaka (Japan)
- Date: June 28, 2014 (Sat) 17:00 Kick-off (Myanmar local time)
- Venue: Thuwunna Youth Training Center Stadium, Yangon
The Nippon Foundation: http://www.nippon-foundation.or.jp/en/
Note: Information contained in News Releases is valid at the time of publication and may differ from the most recently available information.
Public Relations Group
General Affairs Div., Yanmar Co., Ltd.