Yanmar Opens Next-Generation Remote Support Center
April 1, 2015
Yanmar Co., Ltd.
On April 1, 2015, Yanmar was proud to open its next-generation Remote Support Center. The facility will provide “Total Support” based on data analytics for all of Yanmar’s business operations, including SmartAssist and Ships-Supporter.
In 1984 as an industry-first, Yanmar Energy System Co., Ltd (→YES) began providing remote support for generators on an isolated island in Okinawa, Japan. YES collected data on the condition of generators allowing for continuous monitoring and customer support.
Building upon Yanmar Energy System’s years of experience and technological innovation, the new center will also backup Yanmar products that utilize SmartAssist. Using SmartAssist technology, machinery such as tractors and combines send data to the center for thorough analysis.
The data provides a range of efficiency-enhancing solutions for Yanmar products. These solutions allow customers to optimize performance and conduct preventative maintenance, maximizing product service life.
- Yanmar Remote Support Center
- Location: Umeda Gate Tower
(A five-minute walk from Yanmar’s new headquarters)
- Established: April 1, 2015
- Representative: T. Saeki, Senior Manager
- Monitoring room (24/7 year-round service)
- Presentation room
- Back office
- Server room
- Backup generators for business continuity planning (BCP)
- Note: From April 4, 2015, tours of the Remote Support Center are available for Yanmar customers.
- Centralized monitoring and emergency contact year-round
- Showcasing Yanmar’s next-generation service
- Taking advantage of data to provide the ultimate in service
Personnel are always present, for seamless monitoring in real-time, enabling you to capitalize on data-driven work operations. Beyond performance optimization, the center also provides machinery tracking for theft deterrence.
Tours are available for this ultra-modern center, enabling you to see first-hand how Yanmar is providing services that go well beyond customer expectations. The tours illuminate the vast spectrum of industries that Yanmar is involved in and will also show you how data analysis can lead to increased profitability.
The facility will act as a center for data-driven innovations in years to come, enabling swift revenue-boosting modifications to your equipment and work practices.
- Note: Information contained in News Releases is valid at the time of publication and may differ from the most recently available information.
Inquiries regarding the Remote Support Center:
Remote Support Center, Customer Service Division,
Global Customer Service Unit, Yanmar Co., Ltd.
Inquiries regarding this article:
Public Relations Group
General Affairs Div., Yanmar Co., Ltd.