6LF Series Common Rail Engine
- Suitable for large superyacht tenders, planing and semi-planing motoryachts up to 55ft, and light-duty commercial vessels
- High power, low weight, and compact installation creating a high power density of 82 mhp/L for the 550 mhp model
- Controlled by YANMAR VC20 Vessel Control System
- Complements the largest common rail recreational and light duty commercial diesel engine line-up
- Exceeds EPA Tier 3 and EU RCD Stage 2 emissions regulations
COMPACT AND POWERFUL
The 6LF engine is a compact and powerful common rail diesel engine, perfect for planing and semi-planing vessels, both recreational and light duty commercial. Controlled by the YANMAR VC20 system, it expands YANMAR brand’s line with higher horsepower, providing the largest common rail, electronically managed marine diesel line-up in the industry.
The YANMAR 6LF meets EPA Tier 3 and EU RCD Stage 2 emissions regulations while also providing a wide range of fuel compatibility to meet requirements for various government service applications.
The 6LF has been customized with YANMAR’s proprietary fuel mapping and a larger mixing elbow for reliable and consistent output performance. It is custom engineered to offer direct connectivity to NMEA and J1939 CAN-bus networks. It comes available with a number of standard and optional features, including single- and 2-pole installation, various ZF gears, and custom secondary alternator options to meet nearly any complex application.
- Available in 3 output models – 485, 530, 550 mhp
- A proven solution for jet and shaft drives
- Controlled electronically by YANMAR VC20 Vessel Control System, for 4 engines with up to 3 stations
- Custom YANMAR fuel mapping and mixing elbow & bracket for reliable performance output
- Custom YANMAR gear box configuration to reduce vibration and increase efficiency
- Custom engine packaging for efficient installation
- Certified for recreational and light duty commercial applications*
- See all certifications details
*Please note, the 6LF550 is not EPA Commercial certified.
Common Rail Technology
YANMAR uses advanced common rail technology to achieve the most efficient engines in their class. Learn more about this technology and Yanmar common rail engines.
5X Best In Class
YANMAR common rail marine engines set global standards in performance, efficiency, and endurance. Learn more about how YANMAR achieves 5x Best-in-Class.
Sign-up to receive the latest information about new products, services, and general updates.
Keep up with the latest from YANMAR Marine – follow, connect, start a conversation.