Lyman-Morse Launches Hull #1 of the Hood 35 LM Series 35 LM series. The Hood 35 LM follows the recent
6LY-CR Series Common Rail Engine
- Compact, lightweight, and powerful engine
- High torque on the low-end and over the power band, delivering leading acceleration and top end responsiveness
- Custom YANMAR 6LY block is purpose-built for marine applications
- 4th generation reliability for proven performance with cruising, racing and light commercial applications
- Designed for efficient installation and refitting
Impressively Clean and Powerful Performance
Built on 30 years of history, the 4th generation 6LY-CR is a smooth and robust 6 cylinder in-line engine, producing impressively clean and powerful performance.
Incorporating an advanced Denso common rail fuel injection system, the 6LY-CR delivers excellent fuel economy and significantly less noise than previous generations, while the high torque output throughout its full operating range produces class leading acceleration and responsive performance.
Its narrow and lightweight profile enables installation in the tightest of engine rooms, making it the perfect solution for repowering, as well as newly built vessels.
- Available in 2 output models – 400 and 440 mhp
- A proven solution for jet and shaft drives
- Controlled electronically by YANMAR VC10 Vessel Control System, with up to 3 stations
- Available with JC20 joystick control for twin shaftdrive applications
- Certified for recreational and light duty commercial applications
- SOLAS option and USCG lifeboat approved
- See all certifications details
Common Rail Technology
YANMAR uses advanced common rail technology to achieve the most efficient engines in their class. Learn more about this technology and Yanmar common rail engines.
5X Best In Class
YANMAR common rail marine engines set global standards in performance, efficiency, and endurance. Learn more about how YANMAR achieves 5x Best-in-Class.
Sign-up to receive the latest information about new products, services, and general updates.