Yanmar Commences Production of Transmissions in Thailand
July 27, 2012
Yanmar Co., Ltd.
At the forefront of Asian agriculture, in recent years, Thailand has increased production of rice and is well on the way to mechanizing its agricultural industry. Responding to growing demand for agricultural machinery in the region, Yanmar started tractor sales in Thailand back in 2004, and has since developed a strong after-sales service network.
With a view to expanding business in the region, February of 2011 saw the start of local tractor production in Thailand. Now, Yanmar is proud to announce that tractor transmissions will also be manufactured in Thailand, increasing local procurement and raising production efficiency.
With the increasing demand for food production and agricultural mechanization in the region, Yanmar is also planning to expand from tractor production to the provision of total agricultural machinery solutions throughout Asia.
1. Tractor Transmission Production Line:
- 7 machining facilities (operational from September, 2012)
- Painting facilities (operational from June, 2012)
- Transmission and front axle assembly facilities (operational from June, 2012)
2. Planned Tractor Production for Fiscal 2012:
Approx. 8000 units (Note: Fiscal 2011 production: approx. 4000 units)
3. Reference Data:
Yanmar S.P. Co., Ltd.
1. Company name: Yanmar S.P. Co., Ltd.
2. President: Mr. S. Nakamitsu
3. Location: Bangkok, Thailand
4. Total land area: 82,000 sq. m
Engine factory area: 10,080 sq. m
Tractor factory area: 12,800 sq. m
5. Established: July, 1978
6. Core business: manufacture and sales of tractor and other agricultural machinery, and horizontal water cooled diesel engines for agricultural and industrial use
7. Employees: approx. 650
8. Business scope:
Since 1978, Yanmar has been manufacturing and selling agricultural and industrial small diesel engines in Thailand. In 2004, Yanmar launched its local Thai tractor business. Then, in January of 2011, Yanmar consolidated its diesel engine, tractor and other agricultural machinery business into Yanmar S.P. Co., Ltd. to create an improved manufacturing, sales and service structure.
Tractor factory and production facilities
Note: Information contained in News Releases is used in press conferences and may differ from the most recently available information.
Public Relations Group,
General Affairs Dept., Yanmar Co., Ltd.
- 2023 (16)
- 2022 (42)
- 2021 (28)
- 2020 (26)
- 2019 (27)
- 2018 (23)
- 2017 (12)
- 2016 (34)
- 2015 (36)
- 2014 (30)
- 2013 (29)
- 2012 (26)
- 2011 (13)
- 2010 (1)