Creating a New Agriculture through “Premium Design” The New YT Series Tractor
November 19, 2014 Yanmar Co., Ltd.
With the number of professional farmers and agricultural collectives in Japan steadily increasing, there is a greater demand for agricultural machinery that is highly-efficient, highly-functional, and low-cost. Considering this trend, Yanmar is addressing farmers’ needs of “comfort, control, potential, and pride” with the new flagship model YT Series large-size tractor.
Under the slogan “Creating a new agriculture”, world-renowned Ken Okuyama (also a director of Yanmar Holdings Co., Ltd.) heads product design. The YT Series tractor utilizes the same innovative and unique “premium design” as the combine we are releasing at the same time.
With a new “premium red” color, more striking than Yanmar’s usual red, and a body design that evokes a sense of strength, farmers can further enjoy their everyday work and take pride in the refined construction of their tractor. Operators have access to a 330° view from inside the cabin thanks to rounded glass on all sides.
No detail was forgotten: even before customers enter the tractor an adjustable aluminum step projects a feeling of luxury.
Also focusing on ease-of-use, levers and switches used often during operation are placed above the armrest and create a new working experience. Operators can check various machine settings and conditions in an instant on the color monitor located to their right. Our acclaimed continuously variable transmission has been further improved for increased functionality and efficiency. The powerful and eco-friendly Yanmar green diesel engine has cleared Japan’s Tier 3 gas emissions regulations.
Advanced design and simple yet sturdy functioning come together in Yanmar’s flagship model YT Series, making this premium tractor a vital addition to every professional farmer’s lineup of machinery.
(1) Status symbol Remarkably innovative Refined construction allows customers to take pride in the tractor they drive. The brilliant “premium red” color displays the pioneering spirit of Yanmar, conveying an image of strength and user-friendliness. This tractor was designed with every aspect of farming considered and marks the start of a “new agriculture”.
(2) Low-vibration and noise, vibration-isolating frame ・The engine and transmission are supported by a sturdy vibration-isolating frame on both sides. ・Durability has been improved and the front loader is attached directly to the frame. ・Vibration and noise are largely reduced with vibration-isolating mounts for each the engine and cabin. (Operator noise exposure 75dB(A))
(3) Comfortable and user-friendly cabin interior ・The cabin features Germany-based Grammer’s air suspension seat which excels in vibration absorption for the utmost comfort during extended operation. (YT5113/YT5101 only, YT490 has a mechanical suspension seat) ・Efficient operation due to optimal lever placement ・Large dashboard and color monitor ・Work settings adjustable from the color monitor ・Work information viewable from the monitor ・Password settable from the monitor for theft protection
(4) Wide array of functions for a job well done ・Loaded with the clean and high-powered Yanmar common rail engine(Japanese Tier 3 gas emissions regulations-compliant) ・Equipped with “e-CONTROL” to automatically adjust engine rotations and vehicle speed, lowering running costs(Max. 20% reduced fuel usage compared to previous models)
(5) Extensive support system ・Premium inspection package Essential initial maintenance inspection (after 50 hours), machine diagnostic check before warranty period (1 year) ends. With the inspection of a professional, actions can be taken before trouble occurs. ・SmartAssist Remote included standard GPS antenna/mobile communications device installed standard, allowing operating status, machine condition, location to be checked away from the work site
Note: Information contained in News Releases is valid at the time of publication and may differ from the most recently available information.
Public Relations Group General Affairs Div., Yanmar Co., Ltd. TEL: +81-6-6376-6212 FAX: +81-6-6372-2455 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org