Yanmar Seals 2016 ASEAN Football Championship Deal with AFF, Becoming Official Sponsor
July 20, 2016
Yanmar Co., Ltd.
Yanmar Co., Ltd. has sealed a deal with the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) *, becoming the official sponsor for the 2016 ASEAN Football Championship. The ASEAN Football Championship is Southeast Asia’s largest sports event, contested by 11 AFF national teams from the Southeast Asian region, excluding Australia, to become the region’s champion. This biennial international competition, viewed by many as the world cup of Southeast Asia, receives widespread following from fans across the region.
In a wide range of industries including agriculture and maritime, Yanmar leverages advanced technology to provide products, services, skills and solutions, supporting the livelihoods of people throughout Southeast Asia. Yanmar’s contributions to the growth of soccer in Japan extend back half a century to the establishment of the Yanmar Football Club in 1957, sharing the joy and vitality of the sport with many. Currently, Yanmar provides support to the Yanmar Football Club’s parent organization, Cerezo Osaka of the Japan Professional Football League (J.League) of which Yanmar is a partner. Additionally, on the international level, Yanmar supports Manchester United of the English Premier League, alongside soccer in a multitude of countries and regions. Yanmar proactively pursues soccer as a vehicle to facilitate interaction, reaching a wider range of people and conveying the business activities and philosophy of Yanmar.
The philosophy of Yanmar, expressed in the Brand Statement “A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE,” aspires to transcend language, racial backgrounds and national barriers, and bring joy and excitement to people all over the world through soccer, in the pursuit of a future with sustainable prosperity and a society where people feel inspired and enriched with experiences. This sponsorship is one way in which Yanmar is sharing in the joys of soccer with people and striving to elevate the lives and experiences of people in the Southeast Asian region. Utilizing these opportunities transpired through soccer, Yanmar is building greater ties with the global community, expanding its scope and pursuing the realization of a society enriched with possibilities.
* The AFF is a soccer federation, founded in 1984, consisting of association members from 12 countries within the Southeast Asian region.
Key Points of the Sponsorship Agreement
- Agreement period: Until the end of the 2016 ASEAN Football Championship
- Sponsor title: 2016 ASEAN Football Championship Official Sponsor, Official Sponsor of AFF SUZUKI CUP 2016
- Sponsorship fee: Not publicized
Yanmar is working together with everyone to create a buzz by displaying its logo on field-level signage, in addition to providing support relating to match tickets and promotion.
Overview of the Tournament
- Tournament name: 2016 ASEAN Football Championship (also called the AFF SUZUKI CUP 2016)
- Organizer: ASEAN Football Federation
- Tournament dates: October 15-December 17, 2016 (from preliminary through the final)
- Participating countries: 11 AFF member countries (excluding Australia)
* Countries in playoffs: Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore and Myanmar
* Countries in preliminary matches: Cambodia, Laos, East Timor, Brunei
1. Preliminary Matches
- Dates: October 15- 21
- Hosting countries: Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
* The team gaining 1st place in the preliminary round-robin tournament among four participating countries will proceed to the playoffs.
- Dates: November 19-26
- Hosting countries: A. Myanmar (Yangon) B. Philippines (Manila)
*The 7 countries in the playoffs and the winning country from the preliminaries will contest in a round-robin tournament
* The top 2 teams from both Group A and Group B will proceed to the semifinals.
- Dates: December 3-4 and 7-8
- Hosting countries: 4 countries (Group A and Group B) will compete on a home-and-away basis
- Dates: December 14 and 17
- Hosting countries: Winning countries from the semifinals (home-and-away basis)
For more details, please visit the 2016 ASEAN Football Championship official website.
With beginnings in Osaka, Japan, in 1912, Yanmar was the first ever to succeed in making a compact diesel engine of a practical size in 1933. Moving on, with industrial diesel engines as the cornerstone of the enterprise, Yanmar has continued to expand its product range, services and expertise to deliver total solutions as an industrial equipment manufacturer. As a provider of small and large engines, agricultural machinery and facilities, construction equipment, energy systems, marine, machine tools, and components, Yanmar’s global business operations span seven domains.
On land, at sea, and in the city, Yanmar’s mission of “providing sustainable solutions focused on the challenges customers face, in food production and harnessing power, thereby enriching people’s lives for all our tomorrows” stands testament to Yanmar’s determination to provide us with “A Sustainable Future.” For more information, visit Yanmar‘s global website at https://www.yanmar.com/global/about/
Public Relations Group
Brand Communication Division, Yanmar
- Note: Information contained in the news release is valid at the time of publication and may differ from the most recently available information.