December 15, 2021
CEO /Managing Partner
Yanmar Ventures Co., Ltd.
Enacted on December 15, 2021
Yanmar Ventures Co., Ltd. (“the Company”) collects and uses customers' personal information as part of our business operations to provide and improve services.
“Personal Information” means information that can help identify specific individuals as defined by the ”Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information Protection Act")”, including any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, date of birth and an identification number.
The Company recognizes the need to provide appropriate protections with respect to Personal Information and in order to fulfill this responsibility, the Company will process Personal Information in compliance with laws and regulations regarding the protection of Personal Information, guidelines issued by the relevant ministries and agencies, internal regulations, and other standards. The Company shall continuously review and revise its efforts regarding the processing of Personal Information in order to correspond with applicable laws and regulations.
1. Name of Business Operator handling Personal Information:
Yanmar Ventures Co., Ltd.
1-32 Chayamachi, Kita-ku,
Osaka, Japan 530-0013
Nobuyuki Oda, CEO / Managing Partner
2. Protection of Personal Information
- Processing Personal Information
The Company will collect, obtain, use and provide Personal Information in an appropriate manner.
Before using Personal Information for any purpose, the Company will notify you to request your consent, and will not use Personal Information for such other purpose unless you give your consent.
- Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing
Personal Information the Company receives will be processed in the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes of use.
- Purpose of Use
- To implement various measures to facilitate the relationship with shareholders
- To accept inquiry for information and to supply relevant service offerings
- To communicate with related government agencies, organizations, and business partners
- To respond to inquiries and complaints
- To make decisions regarding employment
- To contact respective persons for business matters
- For other purposes for which the Company have notified you in advance and obtained your consent
- Use for purposes other than those listed above
- The Company may also process Personal Information for purposes other than the above upon a prior notice to you and/or to the extent permitted in the applicable laws.
The Company may outsource all or a part of its business operations to certain trusted third-party recipients to which Personal Information may also be disclosed to the extent required to achieve the purpose of use under appropriate safeguards in managing and supervising such third parties.
- Third Party Transfer
The Company will not provide Personal Information to third parties unless the Company has the consent of the person in question or are permitted to do so by law. In the event that Personal Information is to be used jointly with a specific party, the necessary matters will be made public or notified to the individual before use.
- Requests for the Disclosure
If you would like to exercise your rights concerning your Personal Information to disclose, correct, delete or suspend the use of data (hereinafter referred as “disclosure, etc.”), please contact us.
The Company will disclose your Personal Information within a reasonable timeframe after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer themselves. In principle, requests for disclosure, etc. shall be made in writing by mail. However, the Company may decide not to disclose all or part of the Personal Information if disclosure, etc. would fall under any of the following cases:
- Where there is a risk of harm on life, body, property or other rights and interests of the data subject;
- Where there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of the Company's business; or
- Where it would violate other laws and regulations.
In some cases, the Company may charge the fee required for the process. In such cases, the Company will notify you in advance.
- Joint Use
The Company may share Personal Information as follows:
- Personal Information to be shared includes: Name, address, date of birth, contact information such as telephone number and e-mail address, employment information, transaction or inquiry history.
- Scope of joint users: Our parent company, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
- Purpose of use: For business management and internal control of the Yanmar Group.
- Person responsible for the management of Personal Information: Yanmar Ventures Co., Ltd.
3. Compliance with laws and regulations
4. Security management measures
The Company will take necessary and appropriate safety control measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, or damage of Personal Information the Company processes.
- Processing Rules
Basic processing procedures are in place for the acquisition, use, and storage of Personal Information.
- Organizational Safety Management Measures
In addition to establishing an organizational structure to take safety management measures such as appointing a person in charge of the handling of Personal Information, the Company has clarified the employees who handle Personal Information, their roles, and the scope of Personal Information handled by such employees. The Company also has established a system for reporting to the person in charge of handling Personal Information in the event that facts or indications of violations of the Personal Information Protection Law or personal information handling regulations are detected.
- Personal safety management measures
In addition to conducting educational awareness raising activities targeting all officers and employees involved in the protection of Personal Information, the Company has included matters concerning the confidentiality of Personal Information in our employment regulations.
- Physical safety management measures
The Company takes measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information by restricting the entry of outsiders into the offices where the processing of Personal Information takes place.
In addition to managing equipment, electronic media, and documents that includes Personal Information to prevent theft or loss, the Company takes measures to prevent information breach when such equipment, electronic media, and documents are transported.
- Technical safety management measures
Security clearance is implemented to limit the number of persons in charge and the scope of Personal Information.
5. Protection of Personal Information
Personal Information of officers and employees (including seconded employees, retired employees, temporary employees, and part-time employees) obtained by the Company at the time of or after employment will be handled in accordance with the separately established personal information protection policy of the Human Resources Department. Personal Information of applicants for employment will be used only to the extent necessary to determine whether or not they will be employed, and Personal Information of those who are not employed will be destroyed appropriately. In any case, if you wish to request disclosure, etc., or for any other consultation or complaint regarding Personal Information and its processing, please contact us.
6. On continuous improvement
Hours: 9:00am to 5:40pm (JST), Monday to Friday
(except on Japanese national holidays and holidays designated by the Company)