- Rated Output
- 29.4 kW / 40 mhp
- Rated Speed
- 3000 rpm
- 1.642 L / 100 cu. in
- No. of cylinders
- 3 cylinders
- Cylinder Bore x Stroke
- 88 mm x 90 mm / 3.46 in x 3.54 in
- Combustion system
- Direct Injection, Bosch Common Rail System
- 12V - 125A
- Dry weight without gear
- 192 kg / 423 lbs
- 774 mm x 580 mm x 632 mm
- Mechanical (optional - VC10 system)
- RCD 2 EPA Tier 3 EPA Tier 3C BSO II EMC SOLAS
1 kW = 1.3596 mhp = 1.34102 bhp
Fuel condition: density at 15°C = 0.842 g/cm³
Technical data is according to (ISO 8665) / (ISO 3046)
Fuel temperature 40°C at the inlet of the fuel injection pump (ISO 8665)
Length includes KM35A marine gear
(Dimensions may vary with other gears/elbow)
WINNER OF THE MIAMI 2018 INNOVATION AWARD FOR THE INBOARD ENGINE CATEGORY.
YANMAR introduces the 3JH40 as the world’s smallest common rail inboard marine diesel engine in displacement, dimensions, and weight.
The 3-cylinder 3JH40, with an output of 40 mhp, will enable a whole new category of smaller leisure boat owners and commercial vessel operators to benefit for the first time from the efficiency and performance advantages associated with the most recent electronically-managed CR fuel-injection technology.
With an output of 40 MHP @ 3000 rpm (29.4 kW @ 3000 rpm), the 3JH40 is the smallest common rail inboard marine diesel in:
- Displacement, with only 3 cylinders measuring 1.642 L (100 cu in)
- Physical size, measuring 774 x 580 x 632mm
- Weight, measuring 192kg without gear
Through common rail technology, the 3JH40 offers minimal fuel consumption and exceptionally low noise and emission levels, exceeding EPA Tier 3 and EU RCD Tier 2 emission regulations for virtually smoke and odor-free operation.
The 4-stroke, water-cooled 3JH40 is an ideal solution for new builds and repowering applications, specifically monohull sailing yachts and catamarans up to 45ft, small motor boats or sloops, and light duty commercial craft.
*The next largest common rail inboard marine diesel engines are the YANMAR 4JHCR line: 45, 57, 80, 110 MHP.
Drawings Download Drawings
Performance Curves Download Specification Datasheet
Standard Engine Package
- Exhaust mixing elbow [L-type]
- Alternator 12V – 125A
- B25 panel
- Flexible mounts
- Mechanical throttle sensor
- Fuel pre-filter with water separator
- Fresh water expansion tank
- Belt safety cover
- High-riser mixing elbow [instead of L-elbow]
- Secondary alternator 12V – 125A or 24V – 60A
- C35 panel
- Extension harness [3m, 5m, 10m]
- Second station
- TFX Sidemount control head
- VC10 Vessel Control System
- NMEA2000 Engine monitoring system
- Semi 2-pole
- SOLAS including Certificate [factory fit only]
- Hot water kit with cocks
- Extension saildrive leg [75 mm]
- Propeller cone nut kit SD60
- On-board spare parts kit
Technical Drawings - Bobtail
Technical Drawings - Gear
Sign-up to receive the latest information about new products, services, and general updates.
Keep up with the latest from YANMAR Marine – follow, connect, start a conversation.