Selection Report 02
YANMAR MYANMAR CO., LTD.
Introducing the selection in Myanmar conducting reports and practice tests
Myanmar boasts the world's seventh largest rice production, and is an important market from the perspective of global food supply and demand. Yanmar Myanmar Co., Ltd. is actively engaged in providing various agricultural machinery and solutions that match local needs, as well as providing high-quality services. The office also has a full range of maintenance facilities, a large parts center, education and training facilities for farmers and service personnel, and an exhibition room with enhanced hospitality.
For the Service Awards, a total of 3 people were selected. 1 from each of the 3 categories: a dealer service personnel, a dealer parts personnel, and an engineer out of Yanmar Myanmar Co., Ltd. and dealers. Here, the process of selection is explained.
*This selection was held in 2020.
Out of 64 people in (1) service, (2) parts, and (3) technical departments,
one person each with the highest evaluation (three people in total) won the Service Awards.
Overview of the Process
In YANMAR MYANMAR CO., LTD. , we first announce the “standards of services provided (evaluation criteria)” to each department.
In the service and parts department, everyone acted with the evaluation criteria in mind from the day after the announcement.
From the following month, evaluation and reports on the evaluation criteria was to be submitted every month, and one person is selected as the best dealer.
After three practice tests, the technical staff will select one of the most talented staff in the final written and practice tests.
- Service department
Announcement of the evaluation criteria.
In FY2020, 6 criteria were set, and evaluated on a 4-point scale. By holding the Service Awards, the direction of the target service can be visualized, and improvement is also effective.
- Parts department
Announcement of progress based on evaluation criteria.
By feeding back the evaluation progress every month, parts practice such as improving order accuracy and timely shipping is also improved. Plus, we explain the results of customer surveys and share evaluations from the customer's perspective at the same time.
Announcement of the evaluation criteria.
We will also follow the flow to the Service Awards and technical follow-up for new products.
The first practice test.
Only staff who compete in the written test and pass the reference point will proceed to the second practice test.
- The second practice test was done online. Agricultural production does not stop even under COVID-19 pandemic. We keep trying to provide healthy service.
Award ceremony in 2019
- Dealer Management is also working as one to win the Service Awards. This contributed to the spread of Yanmar's service and parts policy, and the dealer president also made a speech saying that he realized that customer satisfaction had increased.
- All participants and dealer managements were invited to the Service Awards ceremony, which was a grand event. It was a good opportunity for the entire group to further improve service activities and improve customer satisfaction for next year.
Service departmentSeinn Yaung So Manufacturing Co., Ltd,
Mr. Pyae Phyo Htoon
- I am in charge of collecting and organizing machine failure information from customers and mechanics, and reporting it to Yanmar Myanmar Co., Ltd.
I am happy and proud to work as a service staff at Yanmar dealers because Yanmar's services are accurate and visible, and we can provide customers with responsibility, confidence and efficiency.
If I’d win the Service Awards, I would like to report it to the mechanic team who is at the forefront of customer service. If I can win the award, I think it is the result of their efforts too.
Parts departmentMyanmar Future Farm Group Co.,Ltd.
Mr. Than Htun Aung
- As the person in charge of the parts department, I monitor inventory and order status, place orders, and formulate promotion plans for parts.
Monthly reports and evaluations are a very good guide for better service to our customers in our day-to-day operations.
The Service Awards have a positive impact on our morale and performance as an effective effort to improve customer satisfaction, and we find it very rewarding to prove our team's reputation.
Technical departmentTPT Yee Shinn (Agriculture) Co., Ltd
Mr. Thet Maung Maung
- Throughout the past year, we have practiced and tested on-site based on the new knowledge gained from studying for YAE*. I feel that it is meaningful to have the opportunity to continue studying to acquire the YAE qualification, and I also realize that that knowledge is directly useful in practice.
In addition, while sharing that knowledge with my subordinates, I was conscious of guidance that would help my juniors take the YAE exam.
While practicing the knowledge and skills gained from studying for YAE, we are receiving happiness and vitality from the smiles of our customers when the machines are repaired.
- *Note: YAE=Yanmar Agricultural mechanic Examination
A system that measures knowledge and skills related to YANMAR product technical services according to a unified standard, and certifies employees who meet the standard as “YANMAR mechanic” qualifications. It will be a concrete guideline and goal for raising the skills of employees. Yanmar Myanmar's engineering department has designated the highest scorer in the YAE final exam as the winner of the Service Awards.
Comments from Judges
- Yanmar Myanmar Co., Ltd. (Customer Service Department)Mr. Tun Win Latt
- I have been a judge 3 times so far, but I think that the quality of service of the service staff is improving year by year thanks to the evaluation system by Yanmar Myanmar Co., Ltd. Looking at the monthly evaluations and reports of the service and technical departments, I feel that they are helping to provide systematic and timely services, improve the skills of staff working at the front lines of the field, and improve business etiquette.
It goes without saying that individual service skills and manners are important for improving customer satisfaction, but we believe that improving the organizational strength of the entire team is essential. I think the selection system in Myanmar is a good initiative to thoroughly spread the policy to all employees, including staff with little service experience. A sense of competition among service staff has also sprung up, and we are working to maintain high motivation for each other.
I hope that our service staff will continue to work on Service Awards so that they can not only solve customers' problems, but also respond with hospitality and a sense of speed that exceed their expectations.